Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
Information We Collect
When you access our website (“Site”), register, submit an order, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, complete a form, surf the Site, or use certain other Site features, you may be asked to enter information about yourself such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and payment information.
Other information that may be collected about you from other sources and technology may include:
- Personally identifiable information provided by another individual (e.g. friends shipping an order to you);
- Identifiable and anonymized demographic information;
- IP address and location;
- Hardware and connection information such as device, operating system, browser, screen size and internet service provider;
- Purchase history;
- Browsing activity and other information about how you interacted with our Site and other websites.
When and How We Collect Information
Information about you may be voluntarily provided by you or a third party or is automatically collected by us from trusted third party sources or by our use of technology.
When You Voluntarily Provide Information
Our Use of Web Beacons
We use web beacons on our Sites and in our emails. When we send emails, we may track behavior such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve your experience with us. To do this, we include transparent, single pixel graphics, also called web beacons, in emails we send and web pages we publish. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details.
- remember and process the items in your shopping cart;
- understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity;
- keep track of advertisements and your advertising preferences; and
- compile data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third-party services that utilize cookies and track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, refer to your browser's help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies and privacy settings.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled that may affect your user experience; however, you will still be able to place orders.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To quickly process your transactions
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- Share anonymous data with third party partners to customize ads, improve our site and monitor statistics
- Share identifiable information with third party partners to provide customer service, shipments and payment processing, etc.
How We Protect Your Information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All payment transactions are processed through a trusted payment gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
When Your Information Is Shared
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Links to Other Sites or Materials
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We may enable Google Analytics, AdSense and other Google products on our Site or in our electronic communications.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practice Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will notify you via email within 7 business days should a data breach occur.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- >Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you fromall promotional correspondence.
Notice for International Users
Our Sites are operated in the United States for users located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that information we collect, including personal information, will be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of your location. By using our Site you agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the policies and governed by law in the United States.
Notification of Changes
1330 Avenue of the Americas
New York, New York 10019